~for the Weimar
Bob’s Red Mill is an employee-owned Pacific Northwest company located in Milwaukee, Oregon. Most of you probably know them and their products. If you don’t, click here to check out their Website.
These lovely pup cookies could easily hang on your Christmas Tree, but would they last? Maybe you have a friend who is tough to buy for but would love to get a container with homemade dog treats. I wonder why I never thought of doing this before. While you are busy baking, maybe you want to stir up a batch of these goodies. I wonder if you could double the rice flour instead of using the wheat flour? Perhaps it would work, or you could use Bob’s Gluten-free flour. The company makes a one-to-one flour that we have used. If not for Christmas, then maybe for Valentines. Oh, the things we do for our beloved Weimars.
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine farina, flours, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, oats, and dried apples.
- In a large bowl, whisk together water or broth, peanut butter, eggs, and molasses until smooth. Add dry mixture and carrots and mix until combined.
- Roll out to ¼-inch thickness on a well-floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
- Place 1-inch apart on the prepared baking pan and bake until dry, 20 – 25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Remember to discuss your dog’s diet with your vet.