One year ago today, we said our final goodbye to the beloved Deli. She was right at the 16 year mark. Her life was full and well-lived until the very end. The photo and the video was taken nine days before her departure. You know (if you have walked this path) about the breath holding and wondering when the inevitable will come. It is never delayed enough.
There are many OwyheeStar notables. Possibly few are as foundational as Deli. Many of our clients have her lineage weaved into their pedigree. Here a few pups we saved over a period of fifteen years (and three generations).
- Callie (Deli X Zeke) <–retired
- Moxie (Deli X Zeke <–retired
- Pepper (Mollie X Zeke) <–retired
- Mollie (Deli X Dash) <–retired
- Ginger (Callie X Zee) <–retired
- Cindee (Callie X Zee) <–retired
- Midge (Callie X Benton) <–retired
- Millee (Moxie X Benton<–retired
- Bernie (Millee X Stackhouse)
- Wilma (Mesquite X Stackhouse)
- Mesquite (Moxie X Benton)
- Hollee (Deli X Zee) — Deli’s last baby
- Mousse (Callie X Zee)
Weaving the DNA
You might understand more clearly what our DNA weaving involved. We used different sires with the females over time to gain our outcome. Ultimately, the pedigree will contain one or more of our foundation Weimars–Dash, Dusty, Stormy, Blue, Zee, Zeke, True, and Topper. I am sure there are others that should be mentioned but those are the most prevalent. It was a costly venture on every level to do this type of thing rather than to stick with a narrower process–only adding a new Stud Dog as the need arose.
Posted on March 30, 2017, in AKC, Companion Weimaraner, Health and Wellness, Hot Topics, Hunting Weims, Information and Education, Loss and Grieving, NAVHDA, OwyheeStar Gray Ghost, OwyheeStar Weim, Owyheestar Weimaraner, Raising Versatile Hunting Weims, VHDF and tagged OwyheeStar Foundation Weimaraners. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.